Robert has worked on lots of different system in a lot of different sectors of the economy.
Most of these systems work together with other systems such as accounting systems and the office applications such as Word and Excel.
Robert has a great deal of expertise in importing from, exporting to or reading information from these systems. If there is a published API that Robert will use that. Otherwise he will develop his own API to read/write to these systems. Examples of the accounting systems he has worked with are Exact (DOS, Windows, Globe), Grote Beer, Unit 4, Multivers and Accountview.
During the development of the above systems Robert has created a couple of data access components. When he showed these to other developers he was asked to start selling these as products. This is how he started selling his products Vo2Jet, Vo2Btrieve and Vo2Ado.
CoFounder of the XSharp project
In the summer of 2015 Robert was one of the founders of the XSharp project, an open source project aimed at developing a new XBase language for DotNet.
See the website www.xsharp.info for more information
Membership of the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET Development Team
Robert has been part of the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET development team for around 9 years. In that team he has worked on the following items:
- Visual Objects 2.7 (Compiler, Class libraries, IDE, Runtime, Documentation, Support)
- Visual Objects 2.8 (Compiler, Class libraries, IDE, Runtime, Documentation, Support)
- Vulcan.NET 1.0 (RDDs, VS 2005 & 2008 Integration)
- Vulcan.NET 2.0 (Compiler, Build System, Runtime, RDDs, VS 2010 Integration, Documentation)
Robert has used lots of technologies in his projects and is not afraid to learn new technologies.
- Visual Basic .NET
- Visual Basic
- C/ C++ / Managed C++
- Clipper (and 3rd party products such as Funcky, Netlib, ClText, ClReport, Classy, Comix, Clipper Tools, Blinker, Warplink, DClip etc)
- Visual Objects (and 3rd party tools such as ReportPro, bBrowser, GridPro, SEUIXP, VOPP)
Technologies & Methodologies
- Microsoft DotNet (Winforms, WPF, ASP.NET, Silverlight, WCF)
- SOA, Web Services, XML, MVC, MVVM
- Test Driven Development
- Agile Development
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Visual Studio Lightswitch
- CodeJock components (ActiveX)
- Infragistics (.NET)
- TxText (ActiveX and .NET)
- Microsoft Office (VBA)
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Help and Manual
- Sybase PowerDesigner
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Btrieve & Pervasive SQL
- Microsoft Access
- Postgres SQL
Operating Systems & Tools
- VM Ware
- Virtual Box